Apply for a lot line adjustment
How to apply for a lot line adjustment:
- Make an appointment with the Development Review Engineer to determine which regulations apply to your project and what materials you need to provide.
- Submit a completed application signed by all affected property owners and required materials to the Planning Division. (See instructions on reverse side.) The initial application fee for a Lot Line Adjustment is a $6,000.00 deposit to be used for cost of staff review time and materials (no maximum), billed on a monthly basis.
- Within 30 days of submittal of application, the Development Review Engineer will notify you whether your application is complete or if additional information or revised plans need to be submitted.
- When the Lot Line Adjustment is approved by the City, a Notice of Lot Line Adjustment will be recorded. This approval is valid for one (1) year from the date of recordation.
- The lot lines will be adjusted once the owner(s) record the new deeds, reflecting the new parcel boundaries.
For more information, please call Planning at 510.583.4200 or visit our webpage: