Fire Department public education information
Our mission is to create a change in attitude toward fire and life safety behaviors through education in fire and injury prevention methods.
- Fire and life safety presentations
- Portable fire extinguisher training (classroom only, no use of live fire)
- Career fairs and community helper presentations
- Fire station tours
- Community Emergency Response Team training (CERT)
- Third grade fire safety program
- Public and private school presentations – we speak at schools throughout the school year
- Business education – we respond to the needs of local businesses by offering safety training for their employees, evacuation planning assistance, and fire drills
Each of these programs will be customized to fit your needs. We speak to a wide-ranging audience, from school-aged children to senior adults. If you would like more information about our programs or would like to schedule a presentation, please call 510.583.4948.
- Smoke detectors — free smoke detectors are provided to those in need. You must live in the City of Hayward to receive your free detector. We will even install them for you. Please note that landlords must provide detectors to renters.