Apply for a U.S. Passport
EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY the City of Hayward has suspended appointments for Passport Application Services to limit exposure and slow the transmission the COVID-19 novel coronavirus.
For more information on COVID-19, updates from the City and Alameda County Department of Public Health, and additional resources, go online to www.hayward-ca.gov/covid-19.
Please see additional recommendations regarding travel from the U.S. Department of State.
Passport services are by appointment only. You can make an appointment online or by calling (510) 583-4400. Walk-in appointments are not available. Each applicant must have a separate appointment.
All applicants, regardless of age, must appear in person.
Please be sure to complete your application prior to arriving to your appointment. Form DS-11 can be found online at travel.state.gov.
We may be unable to process your application if you don't provide all of the below, necessary items.
What else do you need to bring with you?
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (i.e., original birth certificate) + photocopy (CA and TX abstracts not accepted)
- Proof of identity (i.e., California ID/Driver’s License) + photocopy of both sides. The State Issued ID card is considered a Secondary ID and not a Primary ID. The State Department highly recommends that the applicant provide another secondary/supplemental ID with your application.
- Recent color passport photograph (without glasses). Please Note: For minors 5 years and younger, we require that you provide the passport photo.
- All applicable fees and optional postage.
- Passport Execution Fees are payable to the “City of Hayward” for $35 by cash, check, or money order. We do not accept credit card payments.
- Fees to the “U.S. Department of State” are payable by check or money order only.
- Completed Form DS-11 in black ink only, and printed single-sided.
A complete list of Passport Requirements can be found on the U.S. Department of State's website (travel.state.gov), along with forms, acceptable proof of identification and U.S. citizenship, and answers to most frequently asked questions.
Special Instructions for minors
For more information, you can call our 24-hour Passport Information Hotline at (510) 583-4434 or visit our Frequently Asked Questions page.
For more immediate travel or passport needs, please contact the U.S. Department of State at (877) 487-2778.