Hayward Operated Paratransit (The HOP)
Paratransit providers for Hayward residents:
The Hayward Operated Paratransit (HOP) Program complements and supplements the East Bay Paratransit service when it is unable to provide service.
To qualify for the HOP you must:
- Be a resident of the City of Hayward, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, Unincorporated San Leandro, Ashland or Cherryland
- Be at least seventy (70) years old, or
- Be at least eighteen (18) years old; and be unable to drive or use other public transportation (such as the bus or BART) independently due to a medical or disabling condition
- Same-Day Transportation
- Pre-scheduled door-through-door Transportation
- Mobility Management and Travel Training
- Group Trips
- Meal Delivery
- Subsidized Fare
PLEASE NOTE: East Bay Paratransit (operated by AC Transit and BART) is the primary paratransit service for Alameda County residents. Call (510) 287-5000 or 1-800-555-8085 for more information.
Already Enrolled in HOP?
Annual Paratransit Program Plan Applications for Measures B and BB Funding:
FY 22-23 Service Partners:
- Alzheimer’s Services of the East Bay (ASEB)
- Community Resources for Independent Living (CRIL)
- Eden I&R (2-1-1)
- LIFE Eldercare
- SOS Meals on Wheels
- Hayward Operated Paratransit Application - English
- Hayward Operated Paratransit Application - Spanish
- Hayward Operated Paratransit Application - Chinese
- Hayward Area Recreation & Park District - Senior Centers
The Hayward Paratransit Program is funded by Alameda County Measure B and BB 1/2 Cent Sales Tax, which is administered by the Alameda County Transportation Commission (Alameda CTC).