Report an animal emergency
The list of animal emergencies to which Animal Control Officers respond includes:
- Vicious animals and attacks
- Sick and injured animals
- Animals in severe distress
- Animal cruelty in progress
- Animals causing a severe traffic hazard
To report an emergency, call the Animal Service Bureau at 510.293.7200 and follow the instructions. You will be connected with an emergency dispatcher who will determine the priority level of the call, advise you of options, and dispatch a field unit if necessary. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- Exact location of the incident
- Circumstances of the incident
- Description of the animal
- Owner of the animal, if known
- Your name, address and phone number
For more information, please call Hayward Animal Services Bureau at 510.293.7200.
To report an animal running loose on the highway, call the California Highway Patrol: 707.551.4100.