Report sewer overflows

For sewer emergencies during work hours, call Utilities at 510.881.7967.
For after hour and weekend emergencies, call Police Dispatch at 510.293.7000.

Please do not use Access Hayward for sewer issues, as this will delay the response time. Please call in any sewer issues at one of the numbers above. 

Report Sewer Overflows

The City maintains City-owned sewer pipelines. The public can assist in this effort by reporting possible sewer overflows.

The City is responsible for maintaining sewer facilities located in the public streets or easements. The City is not responsible for maintaining sewer laterals.

The sewer customer is responsible for maintaining and repairing sewer laterals, which is the portion of the sewer that is on private property and the portion under the sidewalk and the street up to and including where the lateral connects to the public system. Please see the Handbook below for more information.