Contact List of Hayward Utility Providers
For general questions about utility providers in Hayward, call 510.583.4700.
East Bay Community Energy (EBCE)
- Commercial: In June 2018, EBCE became the default electricty provider for Hayward commercial accounts.
- Residential: In November 2018, EBCE will become the dafault electricity provider for Hayward residential accounts.
- EBCE can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or 833.699.EBCE (3223).
Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E)
- PG&E will continue providing electricity to residents and business owners who choose to opt out of EBCE electric service.
- PG&E provides gas service to all Hayward accounts, both residential and commercial.
- PG&E can be contacted at 800.743.5000.
- Most properties in Hayward get water from the City of Hayward. To start service, call 510.583.4600.
- Some properties get water from East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD). To start service, visit their website or call 866.403.2683.
- See here for 2017-18 Hayward Water and Sewer Rates
- Most properties in Hayward are connect to the City of Hayward sewer system. To start service, call 510.583.4600.
- Some properties are connected to the Oro Loma Sanitary sewer system. To start service call 510.276.4700.
- Some properties are not connected to a public sewer systems, but instead have a private septic tank. Alameda County Environmental Health monitors septic tanks in the county. For more information, contact 510.567.6887.
Garbage and Recycling Providers
- Contact Waste Management of Alameda County at 510.537.5500 to start service.
- Please note that Tri-CED provides recycling for residential properties and some properties are serviced by Oro Loma Sanitary. However, all properties go through Waste Management to start their garbage service.
- See the Schedule of Rates effective March 1, 2015 through February 29, 2016.
Apply for Discounted Utility Rates
The City offers a discount on garbage, water, and sewer rates for low-income residents. Download an application or call the City’s Revenue Division at 510.583.4600.