Contact List of Hayward Utility Providers:
For general questions about utility providers in Hayward, call (510) 583-4700.
East Bay Community Energy (EBCE)
- Commercial: In June 2018, EBCE became the default electricty provider for Hayward commercial accounts.
- Residential: In November 2018, EBCE became the dafault electricity provider for Hayward residential accounts.
- EBCE can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or (833) 699-EBCE (3223).
Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E)
- PG&E will continue providing electricity to residents and business owners who choose to opt out of EBCE electric service.
- PG&E provides gas service to all Hayward accounts, both residential and commercial.
- PG&E can be contacted at (800) 743-5000.
- Most properties in Hayward get water from the City of Hayward. To start service, call (510) 583-4600. For more information visit the the Starting and Stopping Water Service page in City Services.
- Some properties get water from East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD). To start service, visit their website or call (866) 403-2683.
- Click here for Hayward Water and Sewer Rates.
- Most properties in Hayward are connect to the City of Hayward sewer system. To start service, call (510) 583-4600. Click here for Hayward Water and Sewer Rates.
- Some properties are connected to the Oro Loma Sanitary sewer system. To start service call (510) 276-4700.
- Some properties are not connected to a public sewer systems, but instead have a private septic tank. Alameda County Environmental Health monitors septic tanks in the county. For more information, contact (510) 567-6887.
Garbage and Recycling Providers
- Contact Waste Management of Alameda County at (510) 537-5500 to start service.
- Please note that Tri-CED provides recycling for residential properties and some properties are serviced by Oro Loma Sanitary. However, all properties go through Waste Management to start their garbage service.
- For more information, including the Schedule of Rates, please click here.
Apply for Discounted Utility Rates
The City offers a discount on garbage, water, and sewer rates for low-income residents. Download an application or call the City’s Revenue Division at (510) 583-4600.