Contact List of Hayward Utility Providers:
For general questions about utility providers in Hayward, call (510) 583-4700.
Ava Community Energy (formerly known as East Bay Community Energy)
- On Oct.24, 2023 East Bay Community Energy (EBCE) became Ava Community Energy (Ava).
- Commercial: In June 2018, Ava became the default electricity provider for Hayward commercial accounts.
- Residential: In November 2018, Ava became the default electricity provider for Hayward residential accounts.
- Ava can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or (833)-699-3223.
Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E)
- PG&E will continue providing electricity to residents and business owners who choose to opt out of EBCE electric service.
- PG&E provides gas service to all Hayward accounts, both residential and commercial.
- PG&E can be contacted at (800) 743-5000.
- Most properties in Hayward get water from the City of Hayward. To start service, call (510) 583-4600. For more information visit the the Starting and Stopping Water Service page in City Services.
- Some properties get water from East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD). To start service, visit their website or call (866) 403-2683.
- Click here for Hayward Water and Sewer Rates.
- Most properties in Hayward are connect to the City of Hayward sewer system. To start service, call (510) 583-4600. Click here for Hayward Water and Sewer Rates.
- Some properties are connected to the Oro Loma Sanitary sewer system. To start service call (510) 276-4700.
- Some properties are not connected to a public sewer systems, but instead have a private septic tank. Alameda County Environmental Health monitors septic tanks in the county. For more information, contact (510) 567-6700.
Garbage and Recycling Providers
- Contact Waste Management of Alameda County at (510) 537-5500 to start service.
- Please note that Tri-CED provides recycling for residential properties and some properties are serviced by Oro Loma Sanitary. However, all properties go through Waste Management to start their garbage service.
- For more information, including the Schedule of Rates, please click here.
Low-Income Discount and Bill Assistance Programs
If you are behind on your water bills, we ask that you contact us as soon as possible at 510-583-4600 or HSS@hayward-ca.gov. If you need assistance paying down your bill, you may also be eligible for certain City, State, or Federal assistance programs:
- Set up a payment arrangement: Even paying a little bit of your bill periodically will reduce the balance due and make getting back to “normal” easier. Call (510) 583-4600 or email HSS@hayward-ca.gov to set up a payment arrangement today.
- Apply for the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP). LIHWAP is a temporary, federally-funded program administered through the California Department of Community Services and Development (CSD). For more information on LIHWAP and to learn more about the eligibility requirements, visit the CSD website or download an application from the Spectrum Community Services website. Learn more about other state assistance programs and apply at https://csd.ca.gov/.
- Apply for the City's low-income program to receive discounts and waivers for certain garbage, water, and sewer rates. Download the application here.