Submit a Public Records Act Request to the City of Hayward
In the interests of public health and controlling the spread of COVID-19, the City of Hayward is taking steps that include the modification or limiting of non-essential City services or access to certain facilities. Many staff members will be working from home and may not be readily available to research physical copies of records.
If you need to submit a Public Records Act Request, please note that the City of Hayward may not be able to respond within 10 to 24 days. We will try to send electronic available records through this portal. If you feel that records provided do not fulfill your request, please let us know and we will continue our search for responsive documents once the shelter-in-place order has been lifted.
Thank you for your understanding during this difficult time.
The public’s right to access information concerning the conduct of the people’s business is a fundamental and necessary right. A record shall not be withheld from disclosure unless it is clearly exempt under applicable laws, or unless the public interest served by not making the record public clearly outweighs the public interest serviced by disclosure of the record.
Per the Master Fee Schedule, the cost for duplicating records is 50 cents/page for the first 10 pages, 10 cents/page thereafter, and the additional cost of postage if applicable. If the records sought are available in electronic form, there is no charge.
For more information on accessing public records please call or email the City Clerk's office at firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 583-4400
To submit a Public Records Act Request for the City of Hayward visit our new GovQA Portal below:
The following public records are accessible to the public through Laserfiche WebLink:
- City Council Agenda Reports 2000-present
- City Council Minutes 1950-present
- City Council Resolutions 1975-present
- City Council Ordinances 1980-present
- Housing Authority Minutes & Resolutions
- Planning Commission Minutes 1990-present
- Redevelopment Agency Resolutions 1998-2012
- Redevelopment Successor Agency Resolutions 2012-present
- Hayward Public Financing Authority Resolutions 1989-present
Legislative Documents (06/2013 - Present)
The following public records are accessible to the public through LegistarLink:
- City Council Agendas, Minutes, Resolutions, and Ordinances
- Planning Commission
- Council Airport Committee
- Council Appointed Officers Committee
- Council Budget and Finance Committee
- Council Economic Development Committee
- Council Sustainability Committee
- Council Technology Application Committee
- Successor Agency Oversight Board