Disposal Days - Free waste drop-off at Hayward Transfer Station
Disposal Days is designed to provide community members with additional opportunities to safely and legally dispose of household debris and provide information about other low-cost and no-cost alternatives, like Waste Management's Bulky Item Pickup program.
About Disposal Days
Disposal Days are from 7 a.m. to noon on the second Saturday of February, April, June, August, October and December. Hayward residents can bring up to five (5) cubic yards, the equivalent of one pick-up truck full of household items, including furniture, mattresses and appliances, to the City of Hayward's transfer station, 3455 Enterprise Ave., for free disposal. Preregistration is required.
Items not accepted at the transfer station:
- Hazardous materials, including paint, motor oil, solvents, cleaners, pesticides or car batteries, and car tires.
- Items over 75 pounds (except furniture and appliances)
- Medical waste
- Construction or demolition debris
See below for information on how to safely dispose of the above mentioned items.
Mark your calendars and preregister for upcoming Disposal Days:
Tickets are available starting two week prior to the event date.
Please note: If you are having trouble preregistering for an upcoming Disposal Days event, contact Maintenance Services at (510) 881-7745 or firstname.lastname@example.org. This program is open to City of Hayward residents only, please verify your address is within the City of Hayward here.
For additional information or questions contact:
Additional Community Programs & Resources:
- Construction and demolition debris disposal
- Free Hayward Household Hazardous Waste Facility
- Free Waste Management Bulky Item Pick-up and self-haul Coupons
- Donate your vehicle, furniture, clothes and other items
- Sorting garbage, recycling and organics
Not sure how to dispose of an item? Visit Re:Source by Stopwaste, your online guide for Reuse, Repair, Recycling, and Safe Disposal. Just type in the item that you need to dispose of and your zip code and hit search. A list of locations available to you will populate at the bottom of the page. You can sort the list by free and paid pick-up and drop-off locations.
Try Re:Source today!