The Alameda County Social Services Department of Adult and Aging Services is available to residents of Hayward and all of Alameda County. For more information call 510-577-1900 or visit their website.
Also, the Aging and Family Services Division of the City of Fremont Human Services Department offers support to seniors and caregivers within the Tri-City area, including Hayward. Call the Senior Services helpline at 510-574-2041 or visit their website: Senior Services - City of Fremont
The Hayward Area Recreation & Park District's Senior Centers in Hayward & Castro Valley are open to all Senior/Active Adults, 50 years of age or older. Visit H.A.R.D. online for a full list of available programs and opportunities for seniors.
More resources (PDFs):
Links to additional Services:
- Hayward Operated Paratransit
- Low Income Discount Application
- California Department of Aging
- H.A.R.D Senior Services
- Alameda County Social Services Agency
The California Department of Aging contracts with and provides leadership and direction to Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) that coordinate a wide array of services to seniors and adults with disabilities at the community level and serve as the focal point for local aging concerns. You can locate a AAA in your area by calling 1-800-510-2020 or visiting their website at www.aging.ca.gov.
Housing Rehabilitation Program
The City also operates two housing rehabilitation programs for eligible Hayward homeowners:
- Housing Repair Program: Through Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley, eligible Hayward residents can receive repair grants up to $25,000. For more information and to apply, download the flyer or visit Habitat for Humanity's website.
- Minor Home Repair Grant Program: Through Rebuilding Together Oakland/East Bay, eligible Hayward residents can receive small home repairs for free. For more information and to apply, visit Rebuilding Together's website.