Senior Services

The Alameda County Social Services Department of Adult and Aging Services is available to residents of Hayward and all of Alameda County. For more information call (510) 577-1900 or visit their website.

Also, the Aging and Family Services Division of the City of Fremont Human Services Department offers support to seniors and caregivers within the Tri-City area, including Hayward. Call the Senior Services helpline at (510) 574-2041 or visit their website: Senior Services - City of Fremont

The Hayward Area Recreation & Park District's Senior Centers in Hayward & Castro Valley are open to all Senior/Active Adults, 50 years of age or older. Visit H.A.R.D. online for a full list of available programs and opportunities for seniors.

More resources:

Links to additional Services:

The California Department of Aging contracts with and provides leadership and direction to Area Agencies on Aging (AAA) that coordinate a wide array of services to seniors and adults with disabilities at the community level and serve as the focal point for local aging concerns. You can locate a AAA in your area by calling 1-800-510-2020 or visiting their website at

Housing Rehabilitation Program

The City also operates two housing rehabilitation programs for eligible Hayward homeowners:

  • Housing Repair Program: Through Habitat for Humanity East Bay/Silicon Valley, eligible Hayward residents can receive repair grants up to $25,000. For more information and to apply, download the flyer or visit Habitat for Humanity's website.
  • Minor Home Repair Grant Program: Through Rebuilding Together Oakland/East Bay, eligible Hayward residents can receive small home repairs for free. For more information and to apply, visit Rebuilding Together's website.
For more information, please call The City of Hayward Community Services Division at (510) 583-4250