O'Shaughnessy Dam in Yosemite National Park
The City of Hayward purchases all of its water from SFPUC. About 85% of water comes from the Hetch Hetchy watershed, an area located in Yosemite National Park. The remaining 15% is from the Alameda watershed, located in the East Bay and stored in the Calaveras and San Antonio Reservoirs. Learn more about Hayward’s Water Supply.
Water Quality Reports
Each year, the City of Hayward and the SFPUC report the results of water quality monitoring to confirm that the quality of water delivered to Hayward customers met all state and federal guidelines.
- 2022 Water Quality Report (*Published June 27, 2023)
- 2021 Water Quality Report
- 2020 Water Quality Report
- 2019 Water Quality Report
- 2018 Water Quality Report
- 2017 Water Quality Report
- 2016 Water Quality Report
- 2015 Water Quality Report
- 2014 Water Quality Report
- 2013 Water Quality Report
If you would like more information about Hetch Hetchy water or water quality monitoring, please contact the SFPUC Water Quality Bureau at (877) 737-8297 or visit its website at https://sfpuc.org/programs/water-supply.
To request a paper copy of the Water Quality Report, or for more information about the City of Hayward Water Distribution System or the Water Quality Report, please contact the Public Works & Utilities Department at (510) 583-4700 or email@example.com with your request.
The San Francisco Public Utilities Commission adds fluoride to water before it is delivered to Hayward. Water samples are collected and analyzed regularly to ensure that optimal fluoride concentrations are maintained.
The San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, which supplies the City of Hayward water supply, disinfects drinking water with chloramine. Chloramine is a combination of chlorine and ammonia that is considered a better disinfectant than chlorine alone. Many Bay Area communities also use chloramines to disinfect their water supply.
- Dialysis patients and providers
- Businesses using highly processed water
- Owners of fish and amphibians
- General Information - https://sfpuc.org/programs/water-supply
- Fish and Amphibians - https://www.sanfranciscoaquariumsociety.org ~ sfbayareakoiclub.org
- EPA Safe Drinking Water Act (SDWA) - www.epa.gov/sdwa