Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) is a notice describing the type of funding available on a competitive basis and provides a contact where an application may be submitted.
This Notice includes federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds, City General Funds (subject to availability), and Measure B/BB Paratransit Funds, for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
In Spring of 2021, the City of Hayward Community Agency Funding Program will award federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds for eligible community and economic development activities in Hayward. Subject to available funding, the City may also award grants from its Social Services General Fund and/or local Measure B/BB Paratransit program funds to eligible projects and services that benefit low-income Hayward residents. All projects and services must be implemented between July 1, 2021 and June 30, 2022. Applicants must be registered non-profit organizations and/or government organizations.
Attendance at the City’s Bidder’s Conference is REQUIRED of all prospective applicants. The Bidder’s Conference is designed to acquaint the public, including applicants, with the application and decision-making process for all of the City’s grantmaking activities, including the funding process and program guidelines. Application materials will be reviewed at the Bidder’s Conference.
All prospective applicants are required to attend:
10am to 11am on Tuesday, November 3, 2020
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Meeting Id: 91465630066
US: +1 669 900 6833
Meeting ID: 914 6563 0066
Participant ID: just press #
Please be advised that CDBG-funded activities must meet a CDBG National Objective (per 24 CFR 570.208), and may be used for the following types of activities:
- Support the development of new affordable housing (not construction costs),
- Rehabilitate existing housing,
- Improve neighborhood facilities such as community centers and parks,
- Provide fair housing or other housing or job-readiness/placement services,
- Promote economic development activities to assist businesses or create jobs,
- Provide public services that benefit low-income Hayward individuals or households, or to
- Perform certain types of commercial rehabilitation.
Attendance While applications must be submitted online through City Data Services, the City has provided an RFP packet including the application questions for reference. Paper or emailed versions of the application will not be accepted. To download the reference RFP Packet, click here.
- Application materials will be available on the City’s website (http://www.hayward-ca.gov/nofa) as well as the City’s online grant management services (www.citydataservices.net) on November 3, 2020.
- Applications must be submitted using the City’s online grant management service City Data Services (www.citydataservices.net). Applicants who do not have access to a computer may contact Community Services Division staff, and access will be arranged.
- The APPLICATION DEADLINE is 5PM ON FRIDAY, December 11, 2020. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information or technical assistance, please contact Community Services Division staff:
Monica Davis | (510) 583-4011 | email@example.com
Carol Lee | (510) 583-5343 | firstname.lastname@example.org