Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA)
Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) is a notice describing the type of funding available on a competitive basis and provides a contact where an application may be submitted.
This Notice includes federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) funds, City General Funds (subject to availability), and Measure B/BB Paratransit Funds, for Fiscal Year 2021-2022.
In Spring of 2022, the City of Hayward Community Agency Funding Program will award federal Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funds for eligible community and economic development activities in Hayward and American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA) funds for eligible community safety and economic recovery activities associated with the COVID crisis in Hayward. Subject to available funding, the City may also award grants from its Social Services General Fund and/or local Measure B/BB Paratransit program funds to eligible projects and services that benefit low-income Hayward residents. All projects and services must be implemented between July 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023. Applicants must be registered non-profit organizations and/or government organizations.
Attendance at the City’s Bidder’s Conference is REQUIRED of all prospective applicants. The Bidder’s Conference is designed to acquaint the public, including applicants, with the application and decision-making process for all of the City’s grantmaking activities, including the funding process and program guidelines. Application materials will be reviewed at the Bidder’s Conference.
All prospective applicants are required to attend:
10am to 11am on Tuesday, October 19, 2021
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
US: +1 669 900 6833
Webinar ID: 952 0674 4432
Please be advised that CDBG-funded activities must meet a CDBG National Objective (per 24 CFR 570.208), and may be used for the following types of activities:
- Support the development of new affordable housing (not construction costs),
- Rehabilitate existing housing,
- Improve neighborhood facilities such as community centers and parks,
- Provide fair housing or other housing or job-readiness/placement services,
- Promote economic development activities to assist businesses or create jobs,
- Provide public services that benefit low-income Hayward individuals or households, or to
- Perform certain types of commercial rehabilitation.
Please be further advised that ARPA-funded activities must meet the U.S. Department of the Treasury guidance and reporting requirements associated with ARPA funding. Eligible services include:
- Addressing health disparities and the social determinants of health
- Investments in housing and neighborhoods
- Addressing educational disparities
- Promoting healthy childhood environments
ARPA-funded services must be provided:
- Within a Qualified Census Tract (a low-income area as designated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development); or
- To families living in Qualified Census Tracts; or
- To other populations, households, or geographic areas disproportionately impacted by the pandemic
Additional information can be found on the City’s website.
To review the RFP packet, click here. Applications must be submitted online through City Data Services (www.citydataservices.net). Please note that the packet includes a copy of the application form for reference. No emailed or mailed applications will be accepted.
- Application materials will be available on the City’s website (http://www.hayward-ca.gov/nofa) as well as the City’s online grant management services (www.citydataservices.net) on October 19, 2021.
- Applications must be submitted using the City’s online grant management service City Data Services (www.citydataservices.net). Applicants who do not have access to a computer may contact Community Services Division staff, and access will be arranged.
- The APPLICATION DEADLINE is 5PM ON FRIDAY, November 19, 2021. Late applications will not be considered.
For more information or technical assistance, please contact Community Services Division staff:
Jessica Lobedan | (510) 583-4201 | email@example.com
Carol Lee | (510) 583-5343 | firstname.lastname@example.org