Bay Area and California Artists are encouraged to participate in the open artist-all-call announcements. Current projects are listed by open date order, and submission criteria is made available within each announcement.
If you would like to be notified of new public art opportunities from the City of Hayward please subcribe to the Artist All-Call mailing list.
Current Public Art Opportunities:
Summary: The City of Hayward has partnered with commercial developer DP Ventures, LLC to incorporate outdoor public art within the scope of the new historical downtown Lincoln Landing development project. The Developer would like to adorn up to four (4) installation sites, and seeks artist(s) with experience fabricating or creating public art intended for outdoor installations, to include but are not limited to: sculptural, murals, water features, kinetic, night-light art, sound-art, tactical interactive art, bench-art, and marine-grade-fabric art. Bay area artists are encouraged to submit their qualifications.
Name of project: Outdoor public art display, Downtown Hayward
- Cover letter describing art experience, and if applicable, relevant experience as it pertains to public art installations and how you approach creative input that may alter or influence the original conceptual design. Lastly, summarize your preferred art-discipline, or art-medium and why. PDF format.
- Artist resume including biography, educational background, and exhibition record. PDF format.
- Up to three (3) professional references (completed contracted projects) PDF format.
- Four (4) digital images of art discipline. Images should be presented in JPEG format with image size set to 300 dpi resolution, 1024 x 768 px image size. *
* Multidisciplinary artist may submit up to four (4) digital images for each submission.
Entries due: Friday, November 16, 2018, 12:00 P.M. (PST)
Selection process: The City of Hayward will work directly with DP Ventures, LLC. to review submissions and select artist(s). Selected artist(s) will advance to the conceptual design phase where:
- Artist(s) will be provided with additional site renderings to review and will discuss with city staff and the developer the proposed installation sites.
- After meeting with city staff and developer to review site renderings, the artist(s) will have twenty (20) days to submit their conceptual designs.
- Artist(s) will be paid a stipend for their conceptual submissions.
Notification to artist: The selected artist(s) will be contracted and work directly with DP Ventures, LLC.
Contact: City of Hayward Mural Art Program, (510) 583-3799 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about the Lincoln Landing project on our Development Activity page.