Current Hours and Safety Rules
See hours and holiday closures on our Locations & Hours page.
- Self-service check-out of materials and hold pick-ups
- New library cards and payment of charges
- Computer use for a maximum of one hour per day
- Browsing the collection
- Reference assistance
- Self-service copying, scanning, and printing
- Wi-Fi access
Limitations on Available Services:For the safety of the public and library staff the following additional steps are being taken:
- Limited seating for reading and studying
- Study rooms will remain closed
- Meeting rooms will not be available
- There will be no in-person programming or events. Programs such as storytimes and homework help will remain virtual.
- Toys, puzzles, and games in the Children's Library will not be available.
Safety Rules While Visiting the Library:
- Visitors must enter and exit the building through the garage side entrance.
- Any visitor two years or older must wear appropriately fitting protective face covering/mask.
- Any visitor must follow standard social distancing guidelines within the library or while waiting to enter.
- Eating or drinking are strictly prohibited within the library.
- Sanitizer will be available at the entry and visitors must sanitize their hands on entering the building.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms!
Contactless services that will continue at this time:
- All web-based services including access to databases, the digital library, online homework help, and more, available at hayward-ca.gov/public-library
- Online application for library cards, placing of requests for materials, and account management services.
- Telephone reference and Live Chat, Please call 510-881-7980.
- Virtual programs for adults and children
- Virtual Literacy tutoring and Conversational Circles