Current Hours and Safety Rules
August 27, 2021
See hours and holiday closures on our Locations & Hours page.
- Self-service check-out of materials and hold pick-ups
- New library cards and payment of charges
- Computer use for a maximum of one hour per day
- Browsing the collection
- Reference assistance
- Self-service copying, scanning, and printing
- Wi-Fi access
Limitations on Available Services:For the safety of the public and library staff the following additional steps are being taken:
- Limited seating for reading and studying
- Study rooms will remain closed
- Meeting rooms will not be available
- There will be no in-person programming or events. Programs such as storytimes and homework help will remain virtual.
- Toys, puzzles, and games in the Children's Library will not be available.
Safety Rules While Visiting the Library:
Library visitors must follow all current and safety rules issued by the Alameda County Public Health Department Retail and Shopping Center outlets, as well as all posted signage and verbal instructions from staff, in addition to the following:
- Visitors must enter and exit the building through the garage side entrance.
- Any visitor two years or older must wear appropriately fitting protective face covering/mask.
- Any visitor must follow standard social distancing guidelines within the library or while waiting to enter.
- Eating or drinking are strictly prohibited within the library.
- Sanitizer will be available at the entry and visitors must sanitize their hands on entering the building.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms!
Contactless services that will continue at this time:
- All web-based services including access to databases, the digital library, online homework help, and more, available at hayward-ca.gov/public-library
- Online application for library cards, placing of requests for materials, and account management services.
- Telephone reference and Live Chat, Please call 510-881-7980.
- Virtual programs for adults and children
- Virtual Literacy tutoring and Conversational Circles
Questions about the Hayward Library Reopening Plan, Contact: email@example.com or (510) 881-7980