City of Hayward Community Calendar Posting Guidelines and Procedures
The City of Hayward Community calendar allows community members to post events in a common location that can be viewed by the general public to share and promote community events.
ALL EVENTS MUST BE OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AND BE HELD IN THE CITY OF HAYWARD.
All events submitted to the City of Hayward Community Calendar are subject to public disclosure under applicable local, state and/or federal law.
The City of Hayward reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed a violation of the community calendar policy or any applicable law. The City Manager's Office shall make the final determination as to whether to restrict or remove any content on this calendar.
Examples of events submitted to the City of Hayward Community Calendar include:
- Events open to the public including community street fairs, farmer's markets, local school events, summer camps, local sporting events and other community activities.
- Fundraiser events for non-profit agencies, schools, social service or other organizations.
- Informational seminars, clinics or meetings.
Events submitted for posting containing or involving any of the following shall not be approved for posting:
- Profane language or content.
- Sexual content or links to sexual content.
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, immigration status, or sexual orientation.
- Solicitations of commerce ( i.e., yard sales, sidewalk sales, grand openings, etc.).
- Election and political campaign advocacy.
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems.
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
- Community member fills out this event request form.
- Event applicant must include a valid name, email address, and phone number with area code such as (510) 583-XXXX. Anonymous postings are not permitted.
- Events must be submitted no later than fourteen (14) calendar days of the event date.
- City of Hayward staff reviews requests within seven (7) calendar days of submission.
- Providing the event request meets all of the appropriate criteria, city staff approves the posting.
- Event applicant is notified via email when the event is posted on the City of Hayward Community Calendar.
*The City of Hayward reserves the right to make changes or corrections to any requested posting as appropriate.
Submit an event to the City of Hayward Community Calendar