Sign up for a Green House Call to receive a free energy and water efficiency kit
The City of Hayward is once again partnering with local nonprofit Rising Sun Center for Opportunity (Rising Sun) to help households reduce their carbon footprint and their utility bills. Through Rising Sun’s “Green House Call” program, Hayward residents can take this 15-minute survey to have a free energy and water efficiency kit delivered right to their door.
Green House Call kits include:
- Up to 16 LED light bulbs, standard and floodlight
- A smart power strip ($70 value)
- High-efficiency bathroom and kitchen faucet aerators (same pressure, less water)
- High-efficiency showerhead(s) (same pressure, less water)
- Toilet leak detection tablets
- Information on other energy-saving and green programs
- Step-by-step installation and replacement instructions
Last year, more than 1,000 LED lights, 80 smart power strips, and 300 showerheads and aerators were sent at no cost to Hayward customers through the Green House Call initiative. Combined, these devices represent annual savings potential of more than 73,000 gallons of water, 18 tons of CO2, 23,000 kWh of energy, and about $7,000 in utility bills.
Both renters and homeowners are eligible to participate in the program. Take the survey online here or at (510) 665-1501 ext. 300 with a trained staff member. To learn more, visit https://risingsunopp.org/programs/ghc/.