Hayward COVID-19 Small Business Resiliency Grant Program
DUE TO OVERWHELMING RESPONSE TO THE GRANT PROGRAM, WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS.
Due to an overwhelming response to the COVID-19 SMALL BUSINESS RESILIENCY GRANT PROGRAM, we are NO LONGER accepting applications. We received over 1,600 applications for the 76 available grants, with more than 500 applications in the first few hours of the application process being open. We are continuing to review applications and have begun to process award notices and payments for qualifying businesses. A full list of awarded grants will be published on this page in May.
We understand this crisis is disruptive to your business and regrettably are unable to provide assistance to all those in need. In the meantime, here are some resources for you and your business to consider:
- City of Hayward COVID-19 Updates and Response Information: The City of Hayward is in continuous communication with Alameda County Public Health about COVID-19 and will share any important updated on this page as well as our social media channels.
- City of Hayward Community Relief Fund: The City of Hayward established a Community Relief Fund to receive and direct charitable donations to sustain and protect local residents and businesses during the COVID-19 health emergency. This program may be offering additional assistance to businesses. Please continue to check this webpage for details on future programs and to learn how to become involved in the response effort.
- State of California Programs : The State of California website provides additional technical and financial assistance programs that you may find helpful. These include the California Capital Access Program, a loan loss reserve program which may provide up to 100% coverage on losses as a result of certain loan default. The State Disaster Relief Loan Guarantee Program provides loan guarantees up to $1 million for small businesses in declared disaster areas.
- US Small Business Administration Programs: While currently the SBA is not taking Disaster Loan or Paycheck Protection Loan programs based on current Federal appropriation levels, these programs may become back online as funding becomes available and there are a number of other programs SBA offers that may be of assistance such as bridge loans and debt relief programs.
In an effort to support our small businesses and restaurants disrupted by COVID -19, the City of Hayward Economic Development Division developed a Business Resiliency Grant Program to provide funding to support operations and layoff aversion.
While we recognize that these funds will not make up for all of the financial loss experienced by our business community, we hope it provides some relief. There is a limited allocation of money. Awards will be granted on a first come first serve basis to those meeting the eligibility requirements.
All businesses with 25 or fewer employees and all independently owned restaurant businesses regardless of employee count.
Grant Award Amount:
$5,000.00. The award is a grant and is not required to be paid back. Dollars can be used for any aspect of the business.
Businesses receiving funding would be encouraged to:
- Comply with Local, State and Federal guidelines for operating their businesses (social distancing, clean down procedures, limiting in-store occupancy, etc).
- Prioritize delivery of food to seniors, economically vulnerable populations
Application Requirements and Process:
- Complete the Estimated Disaster Economic Worksheet
- Complete a W-9 form for the business
- Complete Preferred Payment Form
Submit these materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions, please email EconDev@Hayward-ca.gov or call (510) 583 -5540.
BUSINESS RESILIENCY GRANT PROGRAM RECIPIENTS
|Faiz Snacks||737 A Street||Retail|
|Tacos Uruapan||29950 Huntwood Ave||Restaurant|
|Fastsigns Hayward||1248 W. Winton Ave||Manufacturing|
|FMW Machine Shop||519 Claire Street||Machine Shop|
|J.W. Done Corporation||1984 National Ave||Manufacturing|
|V-Innovative LLC||23785 Cabot Blvd, Ste 309||Manufacturing|
|Stratford Eye Care Optometry||1645 Industrial Pkwy||Optometry|
|Hippies Brew||888 C Street||Cafe|
|Miva Salon, LLC||828 B Street||Hair Salon|
|The Groomsmen Barbershop||1617 B Street||barber shop|
|Fusion Dance Project||22461 Foothill Blvd||Schools-dance|
|High Scores Interactive Arcade||1051 B Street||Entertainment|
|Pho Tai||151 W Jackson St||Restaurant|
|El Taquito #2||215 W Winton Ave||Restaurant|
|Cyclepath Hayward||22510 Foothill Blvd||Retail|
|Jumpity Bumpity||31169 Mission Blvd||Entertainment|
|Phoenix Glass Decorating||1961 National Ave||Manufacturing|
|The Dirty Bird Lounge||926 B Street||Restaurant|
|Yogurtland Hayward||30162 Industrial Pkwy SW||Yogurt Shop|
|Fresh Made Image, LLC||1218 W. Winton Ave||Manufacturing|
|HeatRx. Inc.||25800 Industrial Blvd, J284||Pest Control|
|Lotus Beauty Services||29621 Mission Blvd.||Hair Salon|
|Sugar Plum Salon||967 B Street||Hair Salon|
|Lab's Costumes||3401 Investment Blvd, Ste 14||Retail|
|Celebrations Party Equipment||2497 Technology Drive||Retail|
|MGX Barbers||934 A Street||Barber Shop|
|Steinbeck Brewing DBA Buffalo Bill's Brewery||1082 B Street||Restaurant|
|Liberty Floor Covering, Inc||30139 Industrial Parkway||Retail|
|Magico LLC||3170 Corporate Pl||Manufacturing|
|Hayward Discount Hardware, LLC||808 B Street||Retail|
|Xcapade Entertainment LLC||1627 Industrial Pkwy W||Entertainment|
|Parker's Crazy Cookies||1273 Industrial Pkwy West #160||Bakery|
|Copy Pacific||1090 B Street||Retail/Printing|
|Raja Indian Cuisine and Bar||1275 W. Winton Ave||Restaurant|
|Hawaiian Drive Inn #28||24251 Hesperian Blvd||Restaurant|
|The Bistro||1001 B Street||Café|
|Neumanali||742 B Street||Restaurant|
|Don Polvoron Bakery Inc||669 West Tennyson Rd||Bakery|
|Doc's Wine and Cheese Revival||22570 Foothill Blvd||Retail|
|Golden Safari Restaurant||22431 Foothill Blvd||Restaurant|
|Garnet and Grace Bridal||1643 Industrial Pkwy W.||Retail|
|Poke Don||24381 Southland Dr||Restaurant|
|Action Laminates||3400 Investment Blvd||Manufacturing|
|BobaChai||1 Southland Mall||Café|
|Noble Vet Clinic||36 Barnes Ct||Veterinary Clinic|
|Craft Eatery||22380 Foothill Blvd||Restaurant|
|Metro Taquero B Street||1063 B Street||Restaurant|
|Sapporo||22507 Main Street||Restaurant|
|Tran Villas Dental||26775 Hayward Blvd, Ste P||Dental|
|Advantage Laundry, Inc||422 W. A Street||Laundromat|
|Star Catering and Cafe||1202 W. Winton Ave||Catering/Restaurant|
|The Sweet Art of Cake Inc||31101 Mission Blvd||Bakery|
|Way to Be Designs, LLC||30987 San Clemente St||Retail|
|Hayward City Pho||855 B St||Restaurant|
|Acqua e Farina Ristorante||22622 Main St||Restaurant|
|Avanta Boot Labs||30993 Huntwood Ave, Ste 202||Manufacturing|
|Earthquake Sound Corporation||2727 McCone Ave||Manufacturing|
|Top Ten Nails||571 W. Tennyson Rd||Nail Salon|
|Yo Bowl, LLC||8 Southland Mall||Restaurant|
|Chef Tao Express||1169 W A St||Restaurant|
|Atlas Cafe Bar & Creperie||1075 B Street||Café|
|Taquiera El Pastorcito||507 W. Tennyson Rd||Restaurant|
|Pupuseria Las Cabanas LLC||30030 Mission, Ste 113||Restaurant|
|New Burger Road||2010 American Ave||Restaurant|
|Torpedos Subs by Loretta||22435 Santa Clara St||Restaurant|
|Caravan Restaurant and Grocery Store||28285 Mission Blvd||Grocery|
|Tapsilog Express||22554 Foothill Blvd||Restaurant|
|Pot Pie Paradise and Deli LLC||3522 Arden Rd||Restaurant|
|Naked Fish Japanese Cuisine||24703 Amador St, Unit 4||Restaurant|
|Artisan Macaron||2365 Tripaldi Way||Wholesale Bakery|
|Rockit Char Grill||1057 B Street||Restaurant|
|Security Safe||1753 Addison Way||Retail|
|Karen's Flower Kottage||31109 Mission Blvd||Florist|
|Las Bonitas Fashions||382 W Tennyson Rd||Retail|
|El Taquito Enterprises Inc||22354 Mission Blvd||Restaurant|
|La Casita Mexican Restaurant||320 A Street||Restaurant|