Public Works - Engineering Division consists of Design Engineering, Construction Services, Development Engineering, Survey and Real Property sections.
The Engineering Division is responsible for:
- Design and construction of city streets, parks and public buildings
- Reviewing proposed land development projects
- Bicycle and Pedestrian program services
- Maintenance of the city's traffic signals and street lights
- Coordinating Engineering Design aspects of regional projects that affect Hayward
- Street Paving and Pavement Management