Tree Removal/Pruning Permit
To get a removal permit:
- If removal is related to a construction or building project, all trees (labeled as to species, size, and health, and whether they are to be removed or preserved) are to be shown on the site and grading plans, and the permit will be issued as part of the building or grading permit;
- If the work is not related to a construction or building project, the removal of a protected tree requires a separate permit;
- Whether the work will be done by the property owner, occupant, or private tree care company, a request (reason for removal and replacement tree plan) is to bemade by phone, fax or in writing to Planning Division;
- An arborist report will be required if more than three trees are involved;
- Staff will make an inspection and a decision whether to issue the permit;
- The staff decision may be appealed to the Planning Director within 10 days of the decision.