Real estate professionals should contact email@example.com for loan servicing requests.
Units that are part of the City of Hayward Inclusionary Housing Program require City written approval in order to refinance. If the refinance is approved, the City will provide an approval letter.
Please provide the City with the following for review:
- Prelim report
- Loan Estimate
- Estimated Closing Settlement Statement (include City’s Administrative Fee)
- Anticipated closing date of new First Lender Loan
Subordination. If the Lender requires subordination, you must provide a request in writing (e-mail is fine) requesting subordination no later than three business days from the date of approval of the refinance on the approval letter but if you know that you will require subordination, it is recommended that you make a request as soon as possible.
If subordination is requested, please also provide:
- A prepaid shipping label so the City documents can be deposited into escrow. Please use the following return address for the prepaid label:
- Vesting for trustor, trustee, and beneficiary of new First Lender Loan as it will appear on new First Lender Note and Deed of Trust. This information is needed in order to draft the City documents.
Fee. There is an administrative charge of $250 due from Owner to be paid to the City through escrow upon close of escrow.
Signed in Counterpart. Lender/Broker must work with a third-party escrow company. Documents must be signed in counterpart and deposited with third-party escrow prior to close.
- The estimates given are general timelines. Please be advised that lender/broker/escrow delays responding to the City’s requests for information/documents can increase these timelines.
- The City will require seven (7) business days from the date of receipt of the refinance documents to review and approve.
- If subordination is requested, the City will require a minimum of 15 business days from date of refinance approval or from date of lender’s subordination request, whichever is later, to route the paperwork for signature and deposit in escrow. Timelines may be extended due to the COVID-19 shelter-in-place restrictions.
- Please adjust your escrow closing date accordingly to accommodate these timeframes.