Neighborhood Emergency Response Training announced
The Hayward Fire Department is now offering Neighborhood Emergency Response Team (NERT) classes.
This free, four-hour emergency preparedness class focuses on training neighborhood or workplace teams of at least 15 to 20 people in basic emergency response skills. Each class is taught by Hayward Fire Department personnel at your location.
Course information and skills to be covered include:
- Types of emergencies most likely to arise in Hayward;
- Identifying and reducing potential fire hazards;
- Techniques for opening airways, controlling bleeding and treating shock;
- Performing head-to-toe assessments, and selection and set up of treatment areas;
- The basics of wound treatment, and much more
Participants must be at least 18 years old and live, work, or attend school in the City of Hayward or the Fairview Fire Protection District.
For more information about NERT and how to register your team for training, visit the NERT website at www.hayward-ca.gov/NERT. To learn more about general disaster preparedness and additional free preparedness courses offered by the Hayward Fire Department, visit www.hayward-ca.gov/fire-department/disaster-preparedness.