Announcing the 2021 Hayward Youth Conference—Young People Making an Impact in Our City
The Hayward Youth Commission will hold a public conference on Saturday, May 15, to bring together Hayward youth to learn more about issues impacting their lives and ways to take an active role in bringing about community change.
The 2021 Hayward Youth Conference—Young People Making an Impact in Our City—is a virtual event that will take place from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, May 15, and include guest speakers, performances and prizes.
The conference schedule is as follows:
- 11 a.m. to 11:40 a.m.: Welcome and Opening—City Leaders, Performances
- 11:45 p.m. to 12:35 p.m.: Session 1 Workshops—Four Concurrent Workshops
- 12:40 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.: Session 2 Workshops—Four Concurrent Workshops
- 1:35 p.m. to 2 p.m.: Closing and Drawings—Student Leaders, Performances
Workshop topics will include:
- Mental Health/COVID-19—The impact on youth mental health and strategies needed/supports available to cope
- Social Justice—The importance of young people engaging in activism to impact social change
- The Environment—Why should the environment matter to young people? What are ways they can connect to movements and organizations to protect the environment?
- Health & Wellness—Health topics of relevance to young people and resources to develop healthy habits and incorporate wellness activities in their daily life.
To register to attend, go to the conference Eventbrite page here. For information on the Youth Conference, please contact Maya Hernandez, Hayward Youth Commission Lead Advisor, at (510) 935-1097, or by email at email@example.com.