CITY OF HAYWARD SEEKS BOARD, COMMISSION, COMMITTEE AND TASK FORCE APPLICANTS
(HAYWARD, CA) – The City of Hayward is seeking individuals interested in serving Hayward. We currently have openings on the following bodies, which serve in an advisory capacity to the City Council:
- Community Services Commission (2 vacancies, 1 potential vacancy)
- Council Economic Development Committee (no vacancies)
- Keep Hayward Clean and Green Task Force (KHC>F) (1 vacancy, 13 potential vacancies)
- Library Commission (1 vacancy, 1 potential vacancy)
- Personnel Commission (2 vacancies, 2 potential vacancies)
- Planning Commission (2 vacancies, 1 potential vacancy)
Prospective applicants must be registered voters residing within the Hayward city limits. Applicants for the Council Economic Development Committee must be residents of Hayward, own/operate a business in Hayward, be senior management at a corporate business in Hayward, or be formally affiliated with and represent another entity or agency concerned with economic development in the City of Hayward.
Individuals appointed to the Planning Commission, Community Services Commission and Council Economic Development Committee will need to file a Fair Political Practices Commission Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700).
Interested individuals can apply online at www.hayward-ca.gov, obtain applications from the Office of the City Clerk, 777 B Street, Hayward, California 94541, or call 583-4400.
The application submission deadline is Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 5:00 p.m. Interviews with the City Council are scheduled for Tuesday, July 28, 2015. Qualified Keep Hayward Clean and Green Task Force applicants will be required to interview with the Task Force Panel on Wednesday, July 22, 2015.
Hayward City Clerk