Park Impact Fees
In December 2019, the City Council adopted new park impact fees in accordance with Mitigation Fee Act and Quimby Act requirements. Park impact fees are applicable to residential development and subdivisions, residential remodels that increase the bedroom count of homes built after February 19, 2020, and industrial development and additions.
Park impact fees for a project may be estimated using the calculation worksheets linked below. Note that park impact fees are updated annually based on the percentage change in the Engineering News-Record Construction Cost Index, and projects shall be subject to the fees in effect at the time of building permit issuance.
Documents and Links
- Park Impact Fee Calculation Worksheet (PDF)
- Park Impact Fee Calculation Worksheet (Excel)
- Park Impact Fee Nexus Study
- Hayward Municipal Code Chapter 10, Article 16, Property Developers - Obligations for Parks and Recreation
- City Council Public Hearing - December 17, 2019
- Hayward Area Recreation and Park District (HARD) Board of Directors Meeting - November 18, 2019
- City Council Work Session - October 15, 2019
- Joint Session City Council & HARD Board of Directors - June 18, 2019
- Council Economic Development Committee - May 6, 2019