Green Hayward PAYS®
Green Hayward PAYS® is a first-come, first-served pilot program designed to save multifamily buildings money, energy, and water.
Call 510-583-4700 or email Environment@hayward-ca.gov.
Green Hayward PAYS® is simple
Work with a Certified Contractor to install water and energy efficiency upgrades in your multifamily building. Get immediate utilities savings. Pay for the upgrades through a surcharge on your water bill.
How does it work?
Certified Contractors help you to determine the eligible program products and services that will save you the most water and energy, including:
- Basic measures (toilets, showerheads, faucet aerators, LED bulbs). Basic measures must be installed to quality for other upgrades.
- Energy measures (common area lighting, central hot water, other upgrades that reduce the property owner’s utility bills)
- Landscape measures (weather-based irrigation controls, leaks)
- No upfront costs for most measures
No new debt
- Because the payment is a surcharge, there is no debt associated with these improvements.
- Bill savings at least 25% more than PAYS® Repayment
- Pay for improvements over time out of your utility bill savings
- Your payment obligation ends if you sell the building
City Certified Contractor
The City of Hayward has selected Bottom Line Utility Solutions as the recommended program contractor. BLUS has more than 13 years of experience providing excellent customer service for cities and water utilities.
You are also welcome to use your own contractor. Contact us to find out how your contractor can participate.
Target Properties for the Pilot Program
- Multifamily properties that are City of Hayward water customers
- Master-metered water and central water heating
- 20 or more attached dwelling units (larger properties will experience larger savings, but buildings with 5 or more units may also participate)
Save Even More!
Take advantage of the BayREN Multifamily rebate program and receive up to $750 per unit.
Related Reports to City Council
May 9, 2016 - Council Sustainability Committee Meeting
December 10, 2015 - Council Sustainability Committee Meeting
June 23, 2015 - City Council Meeting
February 18, 2014 - City Council Meeting