Hayward e-Permits are here!
Hayward's new online permitting system offers an easy, convenient way to submit permit applications for development projects, add contractors to your project, pay fees, download permits, schedule inspections, check your inspector's estimated time of arrival (ETA), see inspection results, and so much more without ever leaving your home or office. Learn more about our new system below.
The Engineering Division consists of Design Engineering, Construction Services, Development Engineering, Survey and Real Property sections.
We are responsible for:
- Design and construction of city streets, parks and public buildings
- Reviewing proposed land development projects
- Bicycle and Pedestrian program services
- Maintenance of the city's traffic signals and street lights
- Coordinating Engineering Design aspects of regional projects that affect Hayward
- Street Paving and Pavement Management