Social Service Program Grants
The City of Hayward provides grants through the Social Services Program to private nonprofit and public social services agencies that serve lower income Hayward residents.
To be eligible to receive these funds, applicants must:
- Qualify as a public or private nonprofit organization under California law; and
- Have a federal IRS tax exemption status either pending or approved; and
- Use City funds to provide services to disadvantaged low-income Hayward residents only; and
- Meet or be able and willing to meet the "Local Advisory Body" requirements of the City; and
- Be willing and able to satisfy all provisions of the City of Hayward Social Services Contract
This is a very competitive process. A Request for Proposal (RFP) and application packets are generally issued annually, with the proposals due in December/January. Proposals are reviewed February through April and funds are awarded by City Council in May.Funded program activities begin in July.
Information Regarding FY 18-19 Funding Application Process:
The application process for funding for FY 2018-2019 is closed. If you wish to be added to the Interested Parties email list to learn about opportunities for funding in FY 2019-2020, please email Rachael.McNamara@hayward-ca.gov. As of February 21, 2018 the Community Services Commission has developed DRAFT Funding Recommendations which can be found below. Applicant agencies are welcome to make a public comment be email, mail or in person at the March 21, 2018 CSC meeting prior to the CSC formalizing their recommendations to Council. If you wish to make a public comment regarding the DRAFT Funding Recommendations, you may contact Rachael McNamara at the above listed email address.
For more information, please call the Community Services Division at 510.583.4250