Social Service Program Grants
The City of Hayward provides grants through the Social Services Program to private nonprofit and public social services agencies that serve lower income Hayward residents.
To be eligible to receive these funds, applicants must:
- Qualify as a public or private nonprofit organization under California law; and
- Have a federal IRS tax exemption status either pending or approved; and
- Use City funds to provide services to disadvantaged low-income Hayward residents only; and
- Meet or be able and willing to meet the "Local Advisory Body" requirements of the City; and
- Be willing and able to satisfy all provisions of the City of Hayward Social Services Contract
This is a very competitive process. A Request for Proposal (RFP) and application packets are generally issued annually, with the proposals due in December/January. Proposals are reviewed February through April and funds are awarded by City Council in May.Funded program activities begin in July. Click here for more information on the Community Agency Funding Process.
For more information, please call the Community Services Division at 510.583.4250