Attention: Important COVID 19 Update: Alameda County Health Order No. 20-04 issued March 31, 2020
Effective June 23, 2020
Alameda Health Orders have mandated that all construction that is non-essential as covered under California Health and Safety Code Section 120295 and California Penal Code Section 69, 148 (a)(1) with exception under section 13 (f)(v) see below are to cease and persons shall shelter in place or work from home. All City of Hayward inspectors shall perform inspections associated with essential services and work related to healthcare operations, affordable housing or income restricted, shelters and temporary housing (not including hotels and motels) and construction or repairs to residential sanitation, electrical services and/or repairs that cannot reasonably be delayed. All other construction work shall wait until the Alameda Health Orders are lifted and clearance for construction is issued.
For assistance please contact: Permit Tech at (510) 583-4005 or Building.firstname.lastname@example.org
Most other staff are working from home, so to reach other divisions, call the numbers below, or e-mail your staff contact directly.
- Building Division, (510) 583-4140
- Fire Department, (510) 583-4900
- Planning Division, (510) 583-4216 or email Planning.Division@hayward-ca.gov
- Code Enforcement Division, please contact your code inspector directly or the telephone number shown on the letter you received.
For more information and updates on COVID-19, please visit: www.hayward-ca.gov/covid-19
At the Permit Center:
- Application for land use permits and construction, demolition and encroachment permits may be made at the Permit Center;
- Minor permits (termite repair, window replacement & re-roofing etc.) are frequently issued over the counter in a single visit to the Permit Center;
- There is a self-help area where you may research zoning and permitting history of a building or project;
- Many records can be copied for a nominal charge.
For your convenience, we have a wide variety of resources available online. If you can't find what you are looking for here please feel free to either come into the Permit Center during business hours or give us a call. We'd be Happy to assist you.
Permit Center Hours & Location
Permit Center Location
Permit Center Office hours
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m.–5p.m.
Closed Fridays and Holidays