Downtown Specific Plan Project Overview
In December of 2016 the Downtown Specific Plan Task Force met with Lisa Wise Consultants for the first time to start creating the Downtown Specific Plan.
- Establish Downtown as a regional destination with a robust and diverse mix of shopping, entertainment, and employment opportunities.
- Promote health and sustainability by integrating natural features into new development, protecting environmental resources, and creating a network of open spaces that allow for active lifestyles.
- Prioritize improvements to the circulation system that serves the needs of Downtown Hayward visitors, residents, and employees.
- Improve the perception of living, shopping, working, and doing business in Downtown.
- Retain and enhance the historic and cultural character of Downtown.
Proposed Project Timeline:
The proposed Downtown Specific Plan project timeline can be viewed here: Downtown Specific Plan Proposed Project Timeline