Tour the Wastewater Treatment Facility
The Hayward Water Pollution Control Facility (WPCF) is owned and operated by the City of Hayward and has been serving the City of Hayward since 1952. The WPCF treats an average of 11.3 million gallons of wastewater every day generated by Hayward's residents and businesses.
To set up a tour, please call 510-293-5395.
- Winner of the 2016 Acterra Award for Environmental Leadership
- Winner of the EPA's 2015 Green Power Leadership Award
- Named 2015 Plant of the Year by the California Water Environment Association San Francisco Bay Section
See our recent blog posts:
- Annual Snail Removal
- World Water Day
- We were recently featured on the Meeting of the Minds blog Cityminded.org
- Hayward Manager Honored as Environmental Leader
- Training the Next Generation of Wastewater Treatment Operators