Sewer System Management Plan
The goals of the SSMP are:
- To protect public health and the environment through proper management of the public wastewater collection system.
- To professionally manage, operate and maintain all parts of the public wastewater collection system.
- To implement measures to minimize the frequency of sanitary sewer overflows.
- To provide adequate capacity to convey peak flows.
- To respond to and mitigate the impacts of sewer system overflows.
- To provide an effective and efficient guidance document for responding to and managing sewer collection system emergencies.