Businesses can reduce crime for themselves and their fellow business neighbors.
Lessen the Opportunities for the Criminals
Take control of what happens in your business community and lessen your chances of becoming a victim. Through "Business Watch," you will be making crimes against yourself and your fellow business neighbors as difficult as possible.
What is Business Watch?
Business Watch is a crime prevention program that enlists the active participation of business owners, managers, and employees in cooperation with law enforcement to reduce crime in their work environment. It is designed to:
- Protect you, your business and your employees.
- Provide a networking system between businesses that quickly and accurately disseminates information.
- Establish partnerships between local businesses and law enforcement.
What are the Benefits of participating in Business Watch?
- Promoting communication and understanding between law enforcement and the business community.
- Encouraging cooperation between neighboring merchants.
- Teaching merchants to crime-proof their own properties and to watch over neighboring businesses and report any suspicious activity to authorities.
- Developing a telephone tree system for quick dissemination of information regarding criminal activity in the area.
- Encouraging the development of signals to activate in adjacent businesses when someone needs help
How do I start a Business Watch?
- Call a meeting with nearby merchants / businesses. Arrange for a Crime Prevention Specialist to attend and ask to discuss BUSINESS WATCH and crime prevention techniques with your group. Decide on the next meeting; make this an ongoing prevention program.
- Invite speakers to regularly schedule meetings for crime prevention tips and planning group strategies. Internal or employee crime should be one of the first topics for discussion.
How do I learn more about Business Watch?
- Local law enforcement provides a variety of resources to help you learn more about crime prevention.
- For more information, or if you have questions, please contact our Crime Prevention Specialists in your area.
For more information, please call:
Crime Prevention Specialist North
Crime Prevention Specialist South