You are invited to submit a design for a future Hayward Public Library (HPL) card! One winning card in each of four categories will be printed and made available to HPL patrons in the summer of 2019. The theme is "What I Love About Hayward"
Contest Rules & Parameters
- Participants may submit multiple entries.
- All submissions are due by 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, May 12, 2019.
- Submissions will only be accepted via email. The email address for submission is Library.Contest@hayward-ca.gov. The staff at the Weekes Branch of the Hayward Public Library are available for help with scanning your artwork for submission if you want or need help.
- All entrants must have a current Hayward Public Library card and live, work, or attend school in Hayward. HPL and City of Hayward employees are ineligible to participate.
- City of Hayward employees, including library staff, will select the finalists, and the final decision will be made by library management. The winning card designs will be printed and made available to HPL patrons in the summer of 2019.
- One winning entry will be selected in each of four categories, depending on the age of the creator of the submission. The categories are: 6 years and under; 7-12 years; 13-17 years; and 18 and over. The winners of HPL’s Library Card Design Contest will receive a prize package, public recognition, bragging rights, and exposure on social media.
- Submissions become the property of HPL and will not be returned. No late entries will be accepted.
- Questions about the design contest can be directed to Michelle Nogales at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All submitted artwork must reflect the theme, “What I love about Hayward.” You may, optionally, include a brief note explaining the relationship of your design to this theme.
- All designs must adhere to the proportions of the library card and keychain. The card dimensionsare 3.375” x 2.125” and the keychain measures 2.625” x 1”; the proportions are 1.59:1 and 2.625:1. Designs not fitting within this ratio will be cropped at our sole discretion. Smaller designs will not be accepted.
- A template and a diagram of the library card and keychain are at the end of this entry form for your (optional) use.
- All submissions must include the words “Hayward Public Library” or “Biblioteca Pública de Hayward” as part of the design.
- Submissions with incorrect spelling or inappropriate language and/or subject material will be disqualified.
- Submissions may be in any 2D art medium (digital illustration, pen, photography, embroidery, etc.).
- Designs must be scanned at high resolution, at least 300dpi (600dpi is better), and the following design formats will be accepted: .jpeg, .png, .psd, and .pdf.
- All photos and illustrations must be original works by the submitting artist and free of copyright restrictions. Any submissions that include copyrighted materials will be disqualified.