Knowing your zone is critical to the evacuation process. If there is a wildfire or emergency situation, this is how you will check if you are in an impacted area.
What is Zonehaven?
The Zonehaven Aware website at is being built out across the Bay Area and State of California to establish a shared map with integrated databases that can be relied upon by residents and first responders for communicating and learning about approaching fire and other emergency conditions, and managing evacuations and safe post-disaster return to residences.
Through the combined Zonehaven and AC Alert technology—and public participation—the Hayward Fire Department and other Alameda County fire service and first-responder agencies envision being able to target emergency communication and the movement of people more effectively and efficiently during wildfires, earthquakes and other types of natural and human-caused emergencies and disasters.
How do I get alerts?
- In the upper left-hand corner, type in you address and click the arrow →.
- In the pop-up box, you will see your Zone, Status and other helpful information. Make note of your Zone.
- Click the Subscribe to Alerts button, in the upper righthand corner next to your Zone. You will be re-directed to AC Alert.
- Create your profile account as instructed.
- Enter how you want to be contacted, with phone numbers and/or emails.
- Enter your primary address and any additional addresses on which you want to be notified. Emergency alerts are sent based on the locations that you enter.
- In addition, you can subscribe for optional notifications from cities based on where you visit for work, or school, etc.
In Hayward and the Fairview Fire Protection District, residents without online internet access to the Zonehaven AWARE
and AC Alert
websites, with questions or otherwise in need of assistance, can call Hayward Fire Department administration at (510) 583-4930 or email FiresafeHFD@hayward-ca.gov