Enjoy the fun of reading and unlock achievements! Beanstack is a website and app that serves as an interactive home for reading challenges and events. It’s your one-stop-shop to not only register for challenges, but to also track your reading habits and unlock badges!
What You Can Do
- Register as an Individual, Family, Group, or Class - Perfect for parents, summer camps, and teachers! Check out the how-to guide for teachers.
- Keep a Reading Log and track your reading.
- Set/Record Session Timers: Keep track of what you've read and how long you've read.
- Complete Reading Challenges created by the library.
- Write book reviews
- Earn badges, incentives, and prizes
- Manage a Family Member's Reading Log & Achievements (If registered as a Family) Easily switch views between member profiles without having to change log-ins.
- Receive Weekly Book Recommendations: Recommendations are unique to YOU based on your profile information and reading habits. Optional - select in profile settings
How to Sign Up
- Beanstack is easy to use and available both online and as a mobile app. Get started at https://hayward.beanstack.com. You can also register through the app (find out how under "Get the App").
- You do not need to have a Library Card to sign up for and use Beanstack. The app allows for everyone, even those without cards, to register and participate in challenges! Choose how you would like to register (as an individual, registering a child, registering a family or group) and then complete all required fields (marked with *) in the online form.
- Note: An email address is required, if you do not have an email address you will need to create one first then come back to register for Beanstack.
- Once registered, you can access your account online or in the app by signing in with your username and password.
If at any time you need help with Beanstack, please visit their Helpdesk
and type in your question.
Beanstack is sponsored by the Friends of Hayward Library.