Missing Persons & Juveniles

A missing person is any person whose whereabouts are unknown to the reporting party. This could include a child taken, detained, concealed, enticed away or retained by a parent in violation of law.

The Hayward Police Department will accept any report, including a telephone report, of a missing person, including runaways, without delay, and will accept such reports regardless of jurisdiction. The agency having jurisdiction over the missing person’s place of residence will normally handle the case after the preliminary report is taken.

Runaway juveniles are typically handled by School Resource Officers in the police department’s Youth and Family Services Bureau. Other missing persons are handled by the Investigations Bureau.

Service Contacts:
Investigations Bureau 510.293.7034
Youth and Family Services Bureau 510.293.7048
To report any crime, call 510.293.7000.
To report a life-threatening emergency, call 9-1-1.