Digester and Equalization Pond Cleaning
Furnish labor, services, materials, equipment, transportation, permits, fees, applicable taxes and others as necessary to complete Digester cleaning as shown on the drawings and as specified herein, included, but not limited to the following:
- Screening and pumping the contents to include scum, rags, hair and plastics before the material shall be pumped to the Drying Pond area which is located on-site, 1/4 mile to the west of the digester. Sludge/supernatant to be pumped to drying beds using contractor provided temporary above ground pipeline.
- Remove all sludge, grit and other miscellaneous materials from the digester and equalization pond; screen the material and transfer the screened sludge material to an on-site storage location specified by the City of Hayward. The material will be screened to 3/16” particle size. The screenings will be deposited in roll-off bins or other receptacles supplied by City of Hayward for end disposal. Contractor will hydrowash the interior of RFQ# 2111-012621 Digestor & Equalization Pond Cleaning 19 the digester structures at the City of Hayward Wastewater Facility with the following provisions:
- Provide for a safe work environment in and around the digester and equalization pond during cleaning process. Contractor is responsible for following Confined Space Entry procedures including adequate personnel levels, training, ventilation (when required) and atmospheric monitoring devices.
- Contractor shall employ such means and methods necessary to adequately protect City property against damage. Special attention should be paid to the existing clay liner at the equalization pond. Notify the City immediately if any damages are incurred. In the event of damage to such property, Contractor shall restore the property to a condition equal to its original condition and to the satisfaction of the City, and bear all costs therefor.
- Provide safety measures for all the work described herein.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
|1||Issue Date of RFQ||March 26, 2021|
|2||In Person Voluntary Site Visit:|
(REQUIRED: Face Mask, Safety Toed Boots, and Reflective Safety Vest) Meet WPCF parking lot.
|Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 10:00AM|
|3||Deadline: email RFQ Questions||April 9, 2021 at 3PM PST|
|4||City provides RFQ questions answers via email||April 14, 2021 at 3PM PST|
|5||5 Deadline: email RFQ proposal||April 23, 2021 at 3PM PST|
Deadline for Receipt of Proposals
Bid proposals must be submitted electronically to Rita Perez, Purchasing Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than April 23, 2021 at 3:00 PM. It is the sole responsibility of the bidder to see that his bid is received in proper time. Any bid received after the schedule closing time for receipt of bids will be returned to the bidder unopened.
Bidders Conference/Site Inspection
The City has scheduled a voluntary site visit April 7, 2021 at 10:00 AM. Interested parties will meet at the Water Pollution Control Facilities, 3700 Enterprise Avenue, Hayward. Call (510) 293-5395 or (510) 293-5099 for entrance. Vendors are highly encouraged to attend the scheduled site visit. Site visit is not mandatory and will not automatically disqualify prospective bidders who elected not to attend. Those in attendance are required to attending wearing a face mask, safety toed boots and a reflective safety vest.
Any administrative questions regarding bidding procedures should be directed to the Purchasing Manager, Rita Perez at (510) 583-4801; email: email@example.com. Questions relating to the project management may be directed to David Donovan at (510) 293-5099; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.