Welcome back to Hayward Public Library! On Monday, June 21, the Hayward Public Library extended its new limited walk-in service, HPL Express, to the Weekes branch library.
HPL Express Hours At the Downtown:
Day of The Week
|Saturday||10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
HPL Express Hours At Weekes Library:
Day of the week
|Monday||10:00 a.m.-noon |
|Tuesday||4:00 - 7:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday||10:00 a.m.-noon |
|Thursday||10:00 a.m. - noon|
|Saturday||3:00 p.m.-5:00 p.m.|
- Self-service check-out of materials and hold pick-ups
- New library cards and payment of charges
- Computer use for a maximum of one hour per day
- Browsing the collection
- Reference assistance
- Self-service copying, scanning, and printing
- Wi-Fi access
Limitations on Available Services:
For the safety of the public and library staff the following additional steps are being taken:
- Limited seating for reading and studying
- Study rooms will remain closed
- Meeting rooms will not be available
- There will be no in-person programming or events. Programs such as storytimes and homework help will remain virtual.
- Toys, puzzles, and games in the Children's Library will not be available.
Safety Rules While Visiting the Library:
Library visitors must follow all current and safety rules issued by the Alameda County Public Health Department Retail and Shopping Center outlets
, as well as all posted signage and verbal instructions from staff, in addition to the following:
- Visitors must enter and exit the building through the garage side entrance.
- Any visitor two years or older must wear appropriately fitting protective face covering/mask.
- Any visitor must follow standard social distancing guidelines within the library or while waiting to enter.
- Eating or drinking are strictly prohibited within the library.
- Sanitizer will be available at the entry and visitors must sanitize their hands on entering the building.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell or experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms!
Contactless services that will continue at this time: