Passport to Hayward is Back and Better Than Ever!
(HAYWARD, CA) – Bargain shoppers, entertainment seekers, and foodies take note. Passport Shopping is back and better than ever. This year, shoppers get eight days to rack up points and a chance to win gift certificates totaling $625.00 in value. Passports can be collected at any of the twenty- five participating businesses now! The game begins on Black Friday, November 25th, and culminates on Saturday, December 3rd, the day of the City’s Light Up the Season.
2015 was the inception of the Passport Shopping incentive marketing campaign. Here’s what one shopper had to say, “I really enjoyed participating in the Passport to Hayward program. It gave me an opportunity to visit a few stores I would have never thought of visiting.
I believe in supporting the local business and had a few favorite stores I routinely visited. The Passport incentive gave me a "nice little push" to go outside of my comfort zone and visit other establishments. I would participate again if it is offered.” Donna Fitzgerald
Ramona Thomas, the city’s economic development specialist, believes that Hayward’s small businesses are a significant force. She states, “Small businesses help to strengthen our economy. The city applauds United Merchants of Downtown Hayward (UMDH) for coming together to enhance our holiday shopping program. Black Friday and Small Business Saturday are huge days for after Thanksgiving shopping. We encourage our residents and visitors to come to our historic downtown, discover something new and buy something they can cherish.”
• To play, make a purchase at any or all participating businesses from Black Friday November 25th to Light up the Season, Saturday December 3rd and have your passport stamped with the equivalent amount.
• When a total of $100.00 is spent, the Passport is complete!
• Participants fill in their contact information and return passport to any participating merchant during the eight days of play, and repeat as necessary.
• Completed Passport enters participants in a drawing, held at noon, Monday December 5th at Eko Coffee Bar and Tea House located at 1075 B Street.
• All winners will receive gift certificates in $25.00 increments. Five fourth-place winners will each receive one gift certificate, selected at random, and contributed by the participating merchants; the third-place winner will receive four certificates, second place six certificates.
• First Place winner will receive TEN gift certificates!! A $250.00 value. Wow!!!
“The downtown merchants are thrilled to showcase our businesses for this event! We hope to create new and returning customers from this experience, and contribute to the positive reputation we all want for our city!”
Renee Rettig, The Book Shop.
Download the full press release.