Tributes to Councilmember Al Mendall
Councilmember Al Mendall’s service to the City of Hayward, the Hayward community and his neighborhood has spanned nearly two decades. One way community members can say “thank you” for his service is by participating in this testimonial project.
We invite you to send us a quote, a photograph or a short video recorded message expressing your appreciation for Councilmember Mendall and his contributions.
Our Community and Media Relations staff will work with the Councilmember’s friends and family to assemble these tributes for presentation during the Dec. 15 City Council meeting at which our outgoing Councilmembers are scheduled to step down and our newly elected and re-elected Councilmembers are slated to be sworn-in to office.
Sends us what you would like to say or share by email and email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
Or you can upload notes, images and video recordings below:
Elected and appointed City positions:
- Elected to first of two terms on the City Council in 2012
- Planning Commission member: 2006 – 2012
- Citizens Advisory Commission member: 2001 – 2006
Intergovernmental agency assignments:
- Alameda County East Bay Community Energy Joint Powers Authority
- Bay Area Water Supply and Conservation Agency
- East Bay Dischargers Joint Powers Authority
- Hayward Area Shoreline Planning Agency
- San Francisco Bay Area Regional Water System Financing Authority
- South Hayward BART Station Access Authority
Additional community service:
- Neighborhood Alert Block Captain since 2003
- Twin Bridges Homeowners Association President 2002 - 2004
- Mission Hills of Hayward Neighborhood Committee